A new easy beauty trend has just arrived to the spotlight. Strobing, another term for highlighting, is now causing a buzz in the world of beauty. Contouring has been a popular beauty trend for years now and it became popular mostly because of Kim Kardashian. This method has the power to let you achieve a photo-friendly, chiseled face. To achieve this, you need a contour shade that compliments your skin and lots of blending practice. If you don’t have any of the two, instead of having a Kardashian look, you’ll end up having a muddy face. Lol.
If contouring needs to be placed on the areas where the shadows fall on your face, strobing on the other hand requires to highlight the areas where light naturally hits.
Here are the easy steps to achieve a youthful glowing look:
1. Put on your makeup. Don’t forget to exfoliate and moisturize your skin before putting on makeup to help you have the youthful look we want to achieve. If you have oily skin like me, use matte for the rest of your makeup except your highlighter if you don’t want to end up looking shining, shimmering but not splendid.
2. Determine where the light touches your face. To achieve a perfect-looking nose, just apply highlight at the bridge of your nose.
3. Next, apply it on the highest part of your face, which is your temples or forehead. Also apply some below your brow bone.
4. Then, apply highlighter on the highest point of your cheek. This is my favorite part because it really makes great difference on your look.
5. Finally, apply some on your cupid’s bow and on your chin. Some also apply on the inner corners of their eyes to make it look brighter.
6. Blend, blend, blend! You can use a brush, a sponge but I personally like using my fingers. Whichever works best for you! And don’t forget your blush!
I’m using the Happy Skin Highligher Stick (P799) in Champagne here. Tired of contouring your face? Why not try strobing! It’s fast and easy. I can even do it in a minute and I’m done. It can even make you look like a glowing bride without the gown.
How about you? Have you tried strobing yet?